Enjoy this video clip from the movie, Evan Almighty, where the waiter, Al Mighty, played by Morgan Freeman, explains prayer as, 'God providing opportunities'. What are we going to do with the opportunities in our life?
· Joan: Excuse me. Can I get a refill please?
· God: Coming right up.
· Joan: Thank you.
· God: Excuse me. Are you alright?
· Joan: Yeah. (God looks at her unconvinced.) No. It’s a long story.
· God: Well, I like stories. I’m considered a bit of a storyteller myself.
· Joan: My husband… Have you heard of New York’s Noah?
· God: (Chuckling) The guy who’s building the ark.
· Joan: That’s him.
· God: I love that story, Noah and the Ark. You know, a lot of people miss the point of that story. They think it’s about God’s wrath and anger. They love it when God gets angry.
· Joan: What is the story about, then? The ark?
· God: Well, I think it’s a love story about believing in each other. You know, the animals showed up in pairs. They stood by each other, side by side, just like Noah and his family. Everybody entered the ark side by side.
· Joan: But my husband says God told him to do it. What do you do with that?
· God: Sounds like an opportunity. Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, do you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If they pray for courage, does God give them courage, or does he give them opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for their family to be closer, you think God zaps them with warm, fuzzy feelings? Or does he give them opportunities to love each other? Well, I got to run, a lot of people to serve. Enjoy.